Monday, April 27, 2009

Home is where the slippers are.

 

I received these slippers in 2007 from Santa and wear them every night when I get home from work and all day on the weekends. They are comfortable, warm and seem to be holding up quite well. I even wear them in the summer and they are not too hot. From time to time I put leather conditioner on them. Santa had provided me with a similar pair the year before from Cabela's. That pair was moosehide, but did not make the year before Mr. Big Toe wore his way to freedom. My current pair from LL Bean are made from bison leather; I also have a pair of Chippewa harness boots of bison leather. I like the slightly wrinkled finish and the color. I also like the taste

of Bison meat. The harness boots have a comfortable inner sole, are leather lined and were made in the USA. The heel is a western heel which I like, otherwise I sound like Frankensteen's monster when I walk.

Whenever I put my slippers on, I feel like I'm home and relaxed. If I come home and just leave my shoes on, I just don't feel settled. I wonder if the slippers would work elsewhere. I worked with a guy who on occasion, wore slippers at work.

It's great to be home, slippered feet up in front of the fireplace, reading a good book with a glass of port by one's side. OK, so I'd be snoring in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment