Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Traditions

 

Here is my Christmas tree stump tradition. I trim the end, let it dry, date it and nail it to the floor joist. Since 1998, only the 2004 tree stump is missing. We didn't put up a tree that year, we went to London, Milan, Florence and Venice and looked at their Christmas trees instead. I would do that again any day, maybe this time going before Christmas so as to visit some Advent markets. We used to take the kids and kill the trees ourselves, but as the kids got older we all had less free time and so we sourced our trees locally.

Amongst the stumps is my Austin Powers keychain. It is now grafted onto a rat body (another story), but when new it had a playback device in it and a speaker. Jerry, my mate got it for me and it had a collection of about 4 Austin quotes. After awhile we decided to remove the playback device and speaker, extend the speaker wires and throw the speaker over to the ceiling of our boss. Much hilarity ensued and in the end no one lost their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment