Monday, April 6, 2009

My Gainful Employment Scheme

In Britain, a scheme is not always a bad thing. My daughter was able to work for a year in London via the International Graduates Scheme. Lucky her, how jealous was I. I’m used to hearing scheme used in the negative sense.

Little Venice, London

My scheme for finding gainful employment is:

  1. Contact peers regarding openings (done)
  2. Review my job requirements (Industry, Responsibility Level, Location)
  3. Brush up on current trends based upon the requirements
  4. Search, apply and follow up
  5. Have a celebratory/consolatory beer
  6. Go back to the start

I like Samuel Smith beers, I usually buy the Nut Brown ale and the Oatmeal Stout, but I pretty much like them all. Here is the Taddy porter, a bit sweet, but not overly sweet like Mackeson XXX Stout. I had one of the Sam Smiths on tap while in the Angel in the Fields, London. The food was not great, but the beer and the décor made up for it. The pub is located near the Wallace Collection, another nice place to visit. (www.wallacecollection.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment