Sunday, April 5, 2009

A New Start

I've just become redundant and not in the good, "redundant controller card" sort of way. In the past, I have kept a journal (diaries are for girls and 17th Century dudes with bladder stones) and the last time I was between gigs I kept a log of my daily activities in a word file. Thought I'd try something new.

If I had focus, this blog would be about something in particular, but I don't so it willn't. I have varied interests and I expect them all to show up here eventually. As well as the boring every day stuff that I don't want to forget.

One of my other ideas for a title was "Same Day, Different Year" and I was going to include scanned pages from journal entries from past years. I kept a journal from 1998 to 2005. The entries documented things that I did or that happened and less about how I felt about things. I’m not a touchy-feely kind of guy. Below is an entry from 1998; I don’t go back to read them often, but when I do I realize that they are somewhat incomplete and vague.

The name of the blog comes from the shop I wanted to open. Why I wanted to run a shop I don’t know, I’m not Mr. Social and imagine I would be like Bernard Black.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I picture a Monty Python-esq retail experience...

    ReplyDelete