Thursday, May 21, 2009

Parade of Ships viewed from Von Briesen Park

Yesterday, I went to Arthur Von Briesen park overlooking the narrows of New York bay and watched the parade of ships for NYC Fleet Week 2009. A previous year I felt rushed, since I had to go to work afterwards and last year the weather was poor so I didn't go. This year there was no rush, so Trudee and I lingered for awhile. It was a beautiful day, but a bit hazy so the photos are not great. I was also shooting somewhat into the sun, plus there were fireboats spraying water which added some mist to the mix. You can find the official NYC Fleet Week 2009 information here .

 
US Navy Coastal Patrol Ships
 
USS Vella Gulf CG72, Guided Missle Cruiser
 
HMCS Athabaskan 282, Area Air Defence Destroyer
 
HMCS Fredericton 337, Multirole Patrol Frigate
 
HMCS St. John's 340, Multirole Patrol Frigate

Information about Canadian naval ships gathered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment