Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Blooms


Still have zucchini coming in, only had one eggplant so far, but there are 2 others which will be ready shortly. The tomatoes were great this year, not a large harvest for the large tomatoes, but they tasted great, red and juicy. The plumbs were more abundant and were used mostly in cooking.

Flowers from around the yard.


These I grew from a promotional packet of seeds that came in the mail. I hope they are perennial, thinking of putting it in the front garden. I can't remember what they are.
I didn't think these were coming up, I cleared away some of the other foliage so the area would get more light and they would be easier to see and they are really popping up now. Usually the Peonies have already died back by now.
A Bayberry (Myrica pensylvanica), a new addition. I moved the Witch Hazel to the center of the back of the yard and this is to the right of that.
Russian Sage in bloom, next to the Red Twig Dogwood surrounded by the Peonies.
Fall blooming crocus, I have some blue ones in the backyard, but that have not bloomed yet. They get more shade.


Four O'clocks, I had these since I worked at Bell Labs. One of the Techs gave me a jar of seeds, I didn't even have to trade my cow for them. Every year you get different colors. Such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment