Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bootjack

During the blizzard of 2010 it became apparent I was getting too old to remove my boots without some aide, so I made a basic bootjack from stuff lying around the lab.
  • - oak board scrap (already had a dado cut)
  • - stair nosing scrap, which almost fit into the dado cut.
  • - leather scrap from an old pigskin rucksack, it has been used for a lot of projects.
  • - bracket made from copper pipe scrap which started out as a plant marker prototype.

    I finished the board with tung oil, it looks so good I may leave it in the living room as an accent piece.

     
     
     
    I guess that's why I save scrap, you can't live with out a boojack.
  • 1 comment:

    1. OK, OK I was skeptical but I have to say that the bootjack does work well for my big lazy old ass that can't bend down any more!

      ReplyDelete