Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

 
Took my snowshoes from another Christmas and my hiking poles from our Swiss adventure and hit the trails. Only tripped once and it was those darn sticker bushes, they get me even when there is no snow. It was a full-body work out for sure. The snowshoe bindings aren't the best(too much side to side play), but for the number of times I use them they are fine. I wouldn't want to be out all day with them or they would get real annoying real fast. You can move surprisingly fast with snowshoes, you just have to remember to lift your feet up. I did a medium jog uphill, but only briefly. A quick steady walk was more my speed and I stopped a lot to look for fauna and catch my breath. There were a few steep spots that I wouldn't have been able to traverse without the hiking poles and they prevented at least 2 other falls. I didn't take Trudee, so don't tell her or she will be more put out than she already is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment