Monday, August 2, 2010

Samuel Smith’s Fruit Ales

I have had the Samuel Smith Cherry fruit ale in the fridge for over 2 months and finally opened it Sunday. Oh it is horrid!! Tastes like a cross between someone adulterating my ale with Maraschino Cherry juice and someone ruining my Shirley Temple with some bad beer. I was very disappointed, even the Dalek looks dejected. I opened it yesterday and finished it today. The Dalek was guarding it for me, though I doubt anyone would have stole it. DSC03220 I have had Their Raspberry and their Strawberry Fruit ales, both were very good. The Raspberry I had in April 2010 and I though it very good, not too sweet with a definite raspberry flavour.

DSC03222

The Strawberry I thought was not too sweet, nor artificial tasting and good for a change. I had that back in February 2010. I wrote my thoughts on the ales on the back of the labels, I never would have remembered otherwise. Oh what a vocabulary I have for describing beer. Ug beer good. I liked the raspberry ale more than the strawberry. Sam Smith makes a pretty good fruit ale, though I have had better Belgium Fruit ales.

Perhaps the Cherry Fruit ale would be good for cooking or baking or catching flies?

No comments:

Post a Comment