Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Something Cool Jazz

A friend has released her debut CD and it is amazing. I’m not just saying this because I have done nothing of late worth writing about. Here is a link to the Something Cool Jazz website with further information about her CD. The songs are Jazz Standards made up of popular songs, some songs from musicals and covered by some of the most famous performers ever.

disc-case-exterior-patrice

It’s a great CD to listen to on a Sunday morning while reading the paper, not bad to wash dishes to either. Patrice’s mellow silky voice makes even the most mundane household drudgery tolerable.

I find myself singing the tunes in my head hours later. The first time I listened, I couldn’t stop humming the last song on the CD, Up a Lazy River. Today, cutting the grass I started singing My Heart Stood Still.

The other performers on the CD include:

 Bill Crow on bass.

Don Hahn on coronet and flugelhorn.

Peter Prisco on guitar.

Peter Scattaretico on drums.

Patrice has played all over the Tri-State area with different types of bands. Her latest gig was at Alor Cafe on Staten Island in the guise of Patrice Bohlen and the Something Cool Band, which was Fred Crisson on guitar. I’m sure she’ll be there again.

The food selection at Alor is atypical for Staten Island (neither Italian nor Chinese) and everything I have had has been very good. They have a very broad selection of foreign beers, so you can pick your beer first and then your entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment