Saturday, March 14, 2015

Gramptraption

So I was down in the Laboratory last weekend and saw these laying around.
 The extendable pole we used when off-roading to measure the depth of water we were planning to ford. The aluminum plate was already curved, something to do with knights probably, but had no hole in it and the scrub brush we use to scrub things. It must have been cabin fever, but I had this urge to use the three items for a grander purpose. We still had lots of snow in the yard and on the north side of the garage roof and I thought "Snow Rake", that's what what I need. So I drilled a hole in the aluminum plate slapped the three things together, went out side and played in the snow.

Beers in the Fridge:
The beer in the can from Sixpoint Brewery was very good. At first I placed it as having a citrus flavor, but I later refined that to be grapefruit. Sixpoint is in Brooklyn and currently is not giving tours. Their cans seem tiny, but they contain 12 ounces. I'm definitely gonna try some of their other brews.
The Porter was disappointing, it tasted thin and was not much better than something I had made in the past.

So the snow rake was extremely easy to use and effective. I was able to pull the snow off the roof without getting any on me. While I don't think the 18 inches of snow on the roof would have been a problem if we had had another large storm maybe there could have been trouble.
So in memory of my Grandfather loving referred to as Gramps here is the snow rake I made.
 Of course there is a scrub brush on the other side of the curved blade, but I skillfully declined to include that in the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment