Saturday, December 8, 2012

Birthday Boots

Yeah, the boots I ordered for my birthday showed up.
This is the Official photo.
and these are mine. I ordered them from Russel Moccasin Co. with no pull tabs and Newporter soles with a 1/4 inch heel wedge.
I slid my feet in and they were very comfortable, like they were made just for me. I can be very picky about shoes. The shoes also smell great for now.
I wore them around the house for 2 days and then wore them to the office as their first outing, after a short while I forgot I was wearing new shoes. I'll wait for a dry day to take a walk in the woods, wouldn't want to muddy them up first time out.

For a comparison, these are Bass Clifford boots that I purchased at an outlet for a great price. Very comfortable straight away, but very thin leather, canvas and soles. A lot of seams in the leather outer sole and I'm sure the vamp does not wrap around the foot. My new shoes have a seamless molded outer sole and a wrap around vamp. Plus the pull tabs on these bug the heck out of me, they should probably not extend past the top of the boot. No other complaints about the Bass boot, but they just won't be here as long as my new boots (Thula Thula "PH"). I prefer to keep things for as long as possible, plus I like the routine of maintaining things like shoes, wax jackets and tools.




No comments:

Post a Comment