Sunday, October 28, 2012

October

Hard to believe October is just about past. Didn't get up to much this month other than
  • Drank beer, all Oktoberfest beers, had high hopes for Harpoon Oktoberfest since I really liked their Summer beer, but I didn't love it. Sam Adams was good and Hofbrau was good, but liked Hacker-Pschorr the best. I didn't drink all the beer yet, but I better get to it soon, so I can start on the Holiday brews.




  • Planted 75 cloves of garlic on the 6th and they are already growing. I still have about 20 more small cloves to shove into the ground.
  • Stopped by a Science Fair on the 13th, it was promoted by New Scientist.
  • Mulled some wine on the 14th, thought it was going to be a cold Sunday, but it ended up balmy. Just unmeasured amounts of cinnamon, star anise, cloves and whole all spice simmered in some Beaujolais and added some Ruby Port.
  • Had a last minute Dinner party.
  • Went to the climbing Gym again and we got belay certified, not as big a deal as it sounds.
  • Got immunized for an upcoming trip, still more shots needed.
  • shaved 4 lbs. off the weight of my checked luggage for that trip.  I purchased the Sponge Bob lamp for $5 at the local hardware store. He's not coming along.
  • Did a test pack for what I think I will carry in my day pack on that trip, just under 10 lbs.

  • Planted Eranthis (Winter aconite) on the 20th, it never seems to last more than one year and I really look forward to seeing them show up in the early, early spring.
  • Replaced windshield washer jets on the car.
  • Cleaned up some rust on our Land Rover which I have been trying to do all Summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment