Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Flowers

Our April Flowers this year.
Purple Periwinkle - my tribute to Beverley Nichols the Garden author.
Variegated Brunnera, similar to the Alaska State Flower the Alpine Forget-me-not (myosotis alpestris) both are in the same family Boraginaceae, just different genus. I would like to get an Alpine Forget-me-not since we did see them on our trip to Alaska.
One of our Coral Bells in the front garden.
A mauve periwinkle (Mr. Nichols again) amongst some creeping phlox.
Sweet Woodruff below the Lilacs, it smells great. There is some periwinkle in there as well.
English blue bells
Saxifrages in a trough, though it is more of a large pot. There once were 3, one is happy, one not so much and the other packed up and left. I'll have to get some replacements.
Ghost fern, we have some shady spots that already have other ferns, I though this would add some contrast to all the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment