Sunday, January 8, 2012

Travel Kits

I have always wanted a nice Travel Kit, one that could grow old and age gracefully unlike myself, but never saw one I liked or else I didn't want to spend the money for what I liked. I was looking for either leather or waxed canvas.

This one is really a watch storage case, but since I only have one watch I planned to use it as a Travel Kit. It is a bit small so I will probably use it as an auxiliary.

This next Travel Kit I had seen on the J. Peterman site, but it was more than I was willing to pay. Just before Christmas they had a sale, it was less than half price and I ordered it. It is quite roomy and should be able to hold all my beauty needs. The manufacturer is Mulholland, it is very well made, the zipper operates easily and is very sturdy, only slight con is that the fabric doesn't seem to be waxed much if at all, something I can do something about. I just happened to have waxed some boots this morning (Bass Clifford boots, leather with olive canvas panels) photo after Travel Kit, almost like they were made to go on Safari together.

I had run across a North Face bag on my Travel Kit search, but from the description it seemed too heavy (almost 1 pound). Saw a similar one at a North Face Outlet yesterday and liked it. The outlet only had red and blue, whereas purple was an option for the Base Camp Travel Canister, that one also had a mirror. This bag will definitely hold all my toiletries, plus it has any number of other uses.
All set for traveling.
Now I just have to plan a trip. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment