Tuesday, August 16, 2011

VWs at GI

We visited Governors Island this past weekend, the weather was great in the shade. Went to see the Volkswagen Traffic Jam a Classic VW car show, a Civil War encampment and a Contemporary Classical concert. The Volkswagens were great to see, the Civil War dudes put on a great show, but the concert was just not our cuppa tea.

When I was growing up, we had a red VW Beetle, we had purchased it from my uncle's neighbor, had it for a few years and now another uncle has it rusting away in his backyard. As it turns out my spouse of almost 30 years also had a VW beetle in her family while growing up. Seems like almost everyone I mentioned the VW car show to either had one or had a friend who owned one.

The show had most models present, but I did not notice any squarebacks(station wagon) or fastbacks.

Dune Buggies
The classic fiberglass body version
Dual Cab
Karmann Ghia
Beetles
 
Camper

No comments:

Post a Comment