Sunday, May 23, 2010

Peony

DSC02905 The Peony bed, once they die back, there are hostas, a red twig dogwood, Russian sage and later in the fall cyclamen to take their place. Earlier in the season there were Lilly of the valley and English bluebells. DSC02889DSC02890 Double redDSC02892DSC02896 Double whiteDSC02900DSC02897Paeonia x ‘ Bowl of Beauty’, a hybrid (that’s what the x means)

DSC02916Double Pink Sensation*DSC02912Campenula – This one is in the garden and blooming, a sibling from the same original plant is in a trough (below) and not blooming yet, though they are just 3 feet apart. I lost the tag so don’t know the full name.DSC02927Science experiment - aka I had no room in the veggie beds for more tomatoes.DSC02928 DSC02929Proof that I actually started my Non-Dirt Accumulating Garden Tool Carrier as I claimed I did. It could double as a soil sifter or a Koi katcher.DSC02921DSC02923Espaliered tree, that I found sprouting in my backyard. We’ll see how it progresses. The witch-hazel that I bought to Espalier is doing well but, I don’t yet know how it wants to be trained.DSC02920Ever vigilant watch dog, guarding me from evil. And by evil I mean crazy people. And by crazy people I mean a particular crazy person. And by a particular crazy person I mean to imply that there is someone who does crazy stuff, blames me for all the ills of the world and lives in the same country as I do.DSC02915 * my made up name I used for the Pink Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment