Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP Keith Floyd, Traveling Outdoor Chef

Sad news indeed, Keith Floyd of “Floyd on France” fame as well as lots of other “Floyd on _______” shows and books has passed away according the The Times Online.

kfloyd

We first saw “Floyd on France” on PBS years ago and really enjoyed the shows. From time to time we have caught him on other channels cooking in other places, usually out of doors. Great shows, some travel, some wine, some food, some touristic scenery, some more wine. He always made it a point to have fun and not let the little things ruin the fun or the food.

kfloydbowtie

I had found this blog at one point, Floyd Uncorked but it was never updated much.

keith-floyd-chef-431x300

He also did some cooking classes in England at Linthwaite Country House Hotel, though never when we were there.

floyd-side1

I have a “Floyd on Hangovers” book which I bought years ago, I think I shall have too many drinks tonight in his honor and re-read the book tomorrow.

floydonhangover

No clue who he is with here, but he looks happy. I like the sweater, it’s my color, but the hat has to go.

kfloyd2

28 December 1943 – 14 September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment