Sunday, March 12, 2017

Spring Sprang Sprung

The Young One is involved with a musical project to create an opportunity for works by young local artists to be performed as well as the works of J.S. Bach. Next month Mr. and Mrs. Eldest will be in town. We were in London last April.

Current Blooms:
Here we had a warm week in the 60s and Wednesday I saw this in the Western Foundation Garden.
 Grecian Windflowers, Anemone blanda.  Love these little beauties, but for me, the blooms never last long nor do they seem to come back year to year.

And 2 days later

 Crocus
 Heaths
 Perivinkle
Siberian Squill?

Beers in the Fridge:
Smuttynose Brewing Company's Robust Porter 6.2% ABV 60.5 IBU.
Liked it a lot, had complex flavors, not too strong, just right with a ploughman's platter. This is the first beer of theirs I have tried. For some reason, I am not attracted to their labels, maybe the sideways wording? I'll have to try some others. I guess you can't judge a beer by its label.
Their brewery is located in New Hampshire about an hour north of Boston and has tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment