Saturday, November 19, 2016

Leaves


First Leaf raking of the season netted 1.5 paper yard bags of shredded leaves.

I always take care of my property, I've got over a foot and a half on this side of the garage. I mow that strip too. The neighbor on more than one occasion has raked her leaves against the garage. Did I mention what a nice person she is?

Last weekend the hall got screened and re-coated.
 New border and old border strip. A 4 foot section was replaced. The original cross section of the border strip was rectangular with a concave bottom, but the damaged section was more of a right triangle. I ripped down a piece of oak to width and stained it with Old Masters Wiping Stain, Rich Mahogany #15404.
The adjacent parallel wood strip was also damaged in a similar way, but only for about 8 inches. I used slivers of wood to level out the strip and packed underneath it with dash patch. I then fitted an oak filler strip where there was too much damage.
 The filler strip should have been stained, but I was hoping the poly would take care of that. It really is not that noticeable in real life with the hall light off when you're in a rush for the turlit. Gunther would have done a better job.
I also finished under the marble saddle, I fitted a piece of oak, prior there was exposed mortar.
Overall, the hall came out fine, biggest problem was having to go out the front door to get to the kitchen while we waited for it to dry.

Current Blooms:
I haven't seen the Cyclamen this year (Estate Stock Photo below) yet, last year they popped up in October.
The Peonies seem to have grown bigger this year after removing all other plants from their patch of soil. The Cyclamen live in the same garden so I hope I didn't remove them by mistake.

Beers in the Fridge:
Brooklyn 1/2 Ale, Sixpoint Sweet Action and Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.
All recurring favorites.
I gave 2 Sweet Actions to the co-worker who provided me with Oktoberfest beers.






No comments:

Post a Comment