Friday, November 25, 2016

Fraunk-en-steen

Thanksgiving went well, everything was quite tasty. Had 9 for dinner, but only 7 at the table. A 14 lb turkey, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, green beans with Asian dressing, cranberry sauce, stuffing and sweet potato rolls. There were a lot of deserts.
 The Traditional table cloths.
You can see the purple tone of the walls in this light. You can also see the new Dining room rug and the resting dog. I gave her an 8 out of 10 for behavior.

Short Term Slipper Salvage:
Wore a hole through the soles of my double soled slippers. I've started a KickStarter campaign to acquire a new pair, but for now I have solved the problem.
I used contact cement to adhere some pig leather(from an old backpack) to the slippers and to get a slight buzz.
Then used Freesole Shoe & Boot Repair to finish the edges.
I still have the pair that these replaced and I had always wanted to glue a pair of rubber soles to them and make them outdoorsish. We'll see how long these last before I embark on that quest.

Beers in the Fridge:
The Stella Cider got 2 thumbs up yesterday, it is none too sweet and very pleasant. Have always wanted to try it and it was the same price as the brand of cider I usually purchase, so I did.
Harpoon Winter Warmer 5.9% ABV 23 IBU. Not sure about this, too much going on? Not the right temperature? In a poor frame of mind? Maybe the second bottle will change my mind.

Harpoon Vanilla bean Porter 5% ABV 27 IBU. A hit, the vanilla is not too overpowering, not too bitter or sweet. It is a seasonal so I may never get it again.

Brooklyn  Brewery Insulated Dank Lager - 5.6% ABV. Initially felt it was just like a Guinness, but then its complexity became clear. Very good, but I probably won't get it again.

FU2016

No comments:

Post a Comment