Sunday, April 12, 2015

Grill Table

Was adding a shelf to the garage yesterday, I want to get more items off the floor and for awhile I had been wondering what I was gonna to do with that 35 gallon drum that had been there since we moved it from the last place we lived.

Sometime last week I thought it would make a good base for a grill table,  currently I put the grill utensils and the food platters on the garden bench. The barrel height is good and it is 18 inches in diameter, leaving only a 3 inch overhang of the tabletop. Not enough leverage to easily tip the table.
 Added 3 angle brackets to the top of the drum.
 Bracket detail, only needs to keep the tabletop from falling off.
Purchased an inexpensive 24 inch diameter unfinished tabletop and stained it with some stain Gunther had in his workshop.
Added many layers of polyurethane, also from Gunther's workshop.
I plan to leave the barrel unpainted since it is galvanized, but I could always paint it the same color as our Big Green Egg.

Current Blooms:
Have a bunch of Alpines putting out buds, but this one is the first that has any color. This Primula is Auricula "Forset Twlight".

No comments:

Post a Comment