Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Flowers

Here are the first spring flowers I captured on The Estate. I didn't get the snow drops since they were buried under the snow.

Current Blooms:
Witch Hazel
There are yellow varieties also. This one has a pleasant scent, which does not remind me of anything. The scent is not too strong so you have to get pretty close to catch a whiff. Maybe I should think about adding a hedgerow of Witch Hazel and other shrubs for winter color and scent.
I prefer the orange, the petals reminds me of crepe paper.

Winter Aconite (Eranthus hyemalis)
I need to get some more of theses. Their blooms are very short lived and some years I miss them completely.

The brake line on Lump (1963 Land Rover Series IIA) was replaced successfully; the system was bled and there exists a nice firm pedal. Biggest problem was starting the fitting on one end of the brake line into a junction. It was in a difficult location and the fitting just wouldn't catch. After cleaning the junction threads and threading a loose brake line into it, the fitting finally caught and eventually was tightened up. I didn't even bother Gina once, though I did call Rovers North to make sure the correct part was ordered.


No comments:

Post a Comment