Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Second Sunday after Memorial Day, The festival of St. Mattress the sleepy

A productive weekend compared to last weekend. 
Installed 2 attic replacement windows, had purchased them easily more than 2 years ago and was saving them for the next time I was made redundant. Yesterday seemed like a good day to work in the attic(not too hot) so I put them in. Things went fairly smoothly. The expanding foam I sprayed into the window weight cavities kept oozing out of one location, I guess I did not wait long enough for the foam to dry. Otherwise all went well.

Installed foam gutter protectors over each gutter drop outlet on both sides of the house. The foam guard is supposed to be used along the whole length of the gutter, but the problem is really just the drop outlet which gets clogged by one or 2 large leaves or a small clump of debris and then the whole system backs up. The foam cross section is a right triangle which would have allowed debris to flow to the drop outlet, so I cut 2 inches off each end and flipped the pieces and glued them back to the guard creating a square cross section at each end. When I positioned the guard over the drop outlet I trimmed the square cross section to match the contour of the gutter. I hope this keeps the drop outlet clear.


Had yet another idea for a trough design, I wondered how it would look if I lined the mold with small sized bubble wrap with the smooth side facing out. I hoped the pot would pick up some of the texture of the bubble wrap. Also included the fiberglass mesh tape embedded between layers of the hypertufa mix. Tried to keep the sides thin, but they ended up quite thick.

I used tape to keep the bubble wrap in place while I built up the sides of the trough.
Came out looking like a honeycomb pattern, more detailed than I had expected.
 This was the small trough I made on Memorial Day.


Beers in the Fridge:
Actually felt like buying beer this week, all I had left were 3 kinds of stouts, not my first choice for these warm spring days. Even so didn't feel like drinking any of it till Friday.
I picked up;
Boddingtons Pub Ale owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, I buy this frequently.
Paulaner Hefe-Weizen wheat beer. In Germany the labels are Hefe-Weißbier, I guess people want imported German beer, but not that German.


No comments:

Post a Comment